Sunday, November 19, 2006

Bad Art

Today's special Sunday edition of Laughing at Jerks highlights a rising contemporary artist, fresh on the New York Scene. Note the rich application of paint and Impressionist style in the whimsical piece with two tomatoes soulfully playing saxophones in a lush meadow. Feel the artist's escapist notions as three hot air balloons, adorned with music notes, carry away three sets of men boxing... and then the Piece de resistance, the tomato and beatnik sax jam..what does this say about our society today? What does it say about produce? Is there a place for beatniks and tomatoes alike in this harsh cruel world?

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Oh holy cats, that looks EXACTLY like the stupid crap I drew when I was a kid.

Seriously, this person stole my history notebook and used my sketches as inspiration.

I don't know why my famous nervous pig character got cut out of there, though.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home